Sunday, April 1, 2012

Lo's 40 Beauty Questions...

40 Beauty Questions







Skincare!!


1) How many times do you wash your face daily?
Once, I'll wash my face in the shower in the morning to make sure my face is super clean. I'd probably clean my face TWICE a day if I had oily skin, but because my face is dry that's too much. I can't strip my face too much from oils, because my face needs the hydration and moisture.
2) What skin type do you have?
I'd say for the most part, my skin(face) is DRY! Which can be a good and bad thing, with my dry skin I don't have to worry about pimples, and zits..and the cons are, I have to KEEP it moisturized at all times. I'll also say it's probably slightly normal. 

3) What is your current facial wash?
Oh where shall I start..
Basq Rebalancing Face Cleaner- Let me tell you, I LOVE this stuff. I'd never heard of it until I got pregnant. My very good friend Bre sent me some when I was pregnant from her maternity Store. I fell in LOVE instantly it had my face feeling so clean and smooth, and it smelled DELICIOUS. It was an excellent choice for my sensitive skin. My hormones were out of wack and this cleanser kept my skin under control. I started seeing a difference within a week. It didn't dry out my skin either. She also sent me a few other products that I'll talk about later. http://www.kimberlymaternity.com/ is where you can find this product.

Mary Kay's Gentle Cleansing Cream(Formula 1)- This is an old school favorite that I started back using..I loved this product when I was a teen, so I had to start back using it because that's probably when your skin is the worse(as a teen). So if it cleared it up then, I know it'll keep it clean and clear now. This was also good for my sensitive skin and I use this one to take off my makeup as well. I also purchased a few other products from my dear friend Rashonda that I'll review later as well. www.marykay.com/rashonda is where you can find this product :o)

Cetaphil- I've really haven't been committed to using this probably like I should, because I have the one for sensitive skin and to me it feels like it's not cleaning my face like I'd like it to. So I'm currently sticking to the cleansers above. But you can find this in MOST drug stores(Walgreens/CVS) or maybe even grocery stores.




4)Do you exfoliate?
No, not really I'll be lying if I said I did. I've probably exfoliated maybe like 1-2times a year. I have the sonic spin facial brush but it's currently collecting dust :o(...lol.


5)What brand do you use?
Refer to the answer above 6)What moisturizer do you use?
MY SKIN cannot live WITHOUT it because it gets so dry and skin begin to peel..which isn't cute especially when you're wearing makeup..it's quite annoying actually. I don't like greasy/slippery moisturizers because it's HOT and I hate that sweaty hot feelings when it comes to moisturizers. My favorite moisturizer is Aquaphor. It's the only moisturizer that doesn't feel like lotion on my face..it stays in place, i don't have to worry about re-applying and it doesn't rub off throughout the day. I also love the extra GLOW!!! You can find that in drugstores as well.



7)Do you have freckles?
No I don't actually..at least I don't think so, I have a few discolored spots that one may mistake for freckles..

8)Do you use eye cream?
No, I don't actually..I don't think I need it(now). But check back with me 40 yrs from now. 


9)Do you or did you have acne prone skin?
No, because as I stated earlier, I had/have dry skin throughout my life and that's not acne,pimple,zit prone skin..so that is the BLESSING about having dry skin.

10)Did you ever have to use Pro-Activ?
 NOPE..but I did think about getting it, just for the TONER and the heck of it...weird right??LOL.





Makeup
11)What foundation do you use?
I use high-end and low-end foundations. It depends on the occasion on which one I'd wear. It also depend on the coverage I want at that particular setting. I use MAC's Studio Sculpt (creamy gel based-like foundation). It's one of my favorite foundations. I switched to that from the Mac's select foundation (it's liquid). I'm glad I did because I like the sculpt alot more. It applied smoother and blended better on my skin without me having to use alot to achieve the coverage I was looking for. Another one of my favorite foundation at the time is Makeup Forever's HD foundation. I love this foundation because it's more so a liquid foundation as well and it blends perfectly with my skin tone. As for low end foundations I wear L'oreal True Match (super blendable), and Maybelline's Fit Me foundation.. both of those are at your local drug store (walmart/CVS) I usually wear those when I'm doing/running errands and when it's a laid back casual day. To me, I treat them like I treat my tinted moisturizers..just when i need a little tint to color my discoloration.


12)How about concealer?
Right now I'm using Mac's Finish concealer, and I also use Covergirl(low-end) concealer for myself. I don't really use that much concealer for myself because I'm not in a dire need for it. I may have a few blemishes here and there from time to time, but I my foundation pretty much cover those up nicely.  

13)Do you know your undertone colour?
My undertone is Warm and that's the yellow/golden undertones. F.Y.I That's what those NC..NW letters stands for when you're purchasing makeup from MAC for example..the c is for the "cool" and w is for the "warm".


14)What do you think of fake eyelashes?
They're pretty cool....I really don't need them because my lashes are at pretty good length right now naturally, so I just add a little mascara and go with that..I have some falsies but I don't really wear them that much.  

15)Did you know you were supposed to change your mascara every 3 months?
Yeah, but I'm guilty for NOT following that golden rule.lol. I do toss them out though.

16)What brand of mascara do you use?
Oh Man, I use all different kinds of Mascara..I use Covergirls, Maybelline, Bare Minerals..for some reason I find the lower end brand mascara's to be better..they WAKE my eyes up better.

17)Sephora or Mac?
BOTH..I can spend HOURS in those stores, especially SEPHORA because sephora has all your skin care and more needs. I usually purchase my fragrances out of sephora as well, but I love them both equally...sorry I just can't pick one.

18)Do you have a Mac Pro card?
Absolutely..

19)What makeup tools do you use in makeup application?
I use sponges and brushes, I don't/won't apply my makeup without them. I use my foundation brushes(MAC,SEPHORA professional,Beauty Blender, SONIA KUSHUK, I even have a few walgreen brands), eye shadow brushes, blush brushes..etc. The outcome and flawless finish you get with a great blending brush is on another level. I even sometime will use my fingers to apply certain products..it's depends on the look I'm going for(of course make sure your hands are clean before touching your face)


20)Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?
Yep, use a Mac Paint Pot, Urban Decay, Bare Minerals, E.L.F, Makeup Forever..if I want staying power, it's a MUST that I use primers.


21)For the face?
L'Oreal's Secret Primer is awesome, Bare Minerals, Smashbox(this one broke me out though), Laura Mercier, Makeup forever are my go to face primers. 


22)What is your favourite eyeshadow?colour or shade?



23)Do you use pencil or liquid liner?
Well it depends..I use my paint pots usually for eyeliners...which is kinda like a combination of both..I have the pencils and liquids but I don't usually use them, it depends on the day and the look I'm going for.

24)How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil?
LOL..Never usually because I don't usually use pencil eyeliners...


25)What do you think of pigment eyeshadows?
Looove them...they're on another level. The color pigment on those babies are amazing. They have their own personal shelf in my makeup storage.


26)Do you use mineral makeup?
Yes indeed..I set my foundation with it. I feel in love the first time I tried Mineral Makeup, it was when Bare Minerals was just coming on the scene and I ordered it off the T.V(lol). I also have some Bare Minerals eye shadows..no blushes though because that's too powdery for me.


27)What is your favourite lipstick?

28) How about lipgloss?
I can't go anywhere without my clear MAC lipglass.

29)What is your favourite blush to use?
Oh my, I have many blushes that I use, it depends really on the look I'm going for...I like Mac's Tea Petal, Peach twist, Joyuous, sweet as coco just to name a few and I also have a few shades by NYX.

30)Do you buy your makeup on Ebay?
No not really..I don't think I've ever purchased makeup from Ebay..I think it's a trust issue maybe? Because I don't know what's real, what's put in the products, who's sending it..i'm picky with e.bay when it come to what goes on my face(lol)..

31)Do you like drugstore makeup?
Yes indeed..I don't discriminate..sometimes with products you're ONLY paying for the "name" of the brand and it's pretty much the same exact thing..so I love taking a trip to local drug stores to see what they have and trying out new products. 


32)Do you go to CCO's?Cosmetic Company Outlet?
Yes..we have one near us, so every chance I get, I go in there and see what they have in stock. 

33)Did you ever consider taking makeup classes?
I have a license to do it and Yes I have taken a few to stay updated and refreshed.

34)Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
Not really..I try to be VERY careful and take my time because i HATE going back over mishaps when it comes to applying makeup. 

35)Name a makeup crime that you hate?
When people don't apply eyeshadow correctly. When women of color use colors(lipsticks) that doesn't compliment their skin tone. When people doesn't choose the wrong foundation color.

36)Do you like colourful shades of makeup (lipstick or eyeshadow) or neutral ones?
Neutral for the majority of the time..but I also love wearing color as well. As far as lipsticks, I like neutral/nude lipsticks but I also like that perfect lip colour as well.


37)Which celebrity always has great makeup?
Beyonce, Vanessa Williams, MaryMary, Jennifer Lopez( love her dewy looks), LaLa Valez, Oprah, Monica and Janet Jackson.


38)If you could leave the house using just ONE makeup item, what would you use?
Hmm...Probably my Tinted Moisturizer.
39)Could you leave the house without any makeup on?
Of course, I do it all the time.


40)Do you think you look good even without any makeup on?
Absolutely..that's why I try to drink water, make sure I get my facials, cleaners, toners, and moisture to obtain great skin. 


41)In your opinion what is the BEST makeup line?
Hmm tough one..I don't know if I can answer that one yet because I haven't TRIED everything to know what line is the best.


42)What do you think of makeup?
I love makeup...you can do some much and create so many looks with it.it's just paint to paint your canvass( your face) and ENHANCE ones beautiful features. The beauty is already there, the make up is to EXPOSE the beauty more, not to HIDE it. Often times people don't realize that..that's why when they apply too much and before to overdue it they destroy the whole entire 
purpose of it.


Any Questions, or comments don't hesitate to leave them in the comment box(below). And Remember, God Loves you, and so do I.

No comments:

Post a Comment