Friday, March 16, 2012

February Fashion(Clothing) Haul

Hey Beautiful Divas,

SPRING TIME IS APPROACHING US..

Are you LADIES ready for it?? Aren't you glad we can finally hang those heavy coats back up in the closet?? I decided to take a trip to one of the local boutiques(did I mention that I love boutiques) to see if they had any colored pieces(tops, maxi's etc) that I could wear this spring. I'm really trying to get into wearing MORE colored clothing because I always find myself purchasing something in the blacks, browns & grey family, but for some reason I honestly think those colors have the better designs and patterns when it comes to what "I"  LOOK for when I'm shopping. I look for things that I know will compliment MY body/frame(high or low end clothing). And of course makes everyone look smaller ;o). Because everything doesn't look the same way on everyone. Another reason why I cannot leave a store without trying clothes on. Some can do that, but I can't...I need to see it before I leave because I'll have my hopes up for a piece and get home, put it on and not impressed with how it look, and THEN I'll begin to feel my trip of shopping was in vain.*shrug* Maybe you'll want to consider that the next time you take a shopping trip.


Here's the pieces from my February Haul.

Pink Lady:


I call this the "Pink Lady" Shirt, because obviously it's "pink" and it speaks sophistication. You can dress this top up or down. Whether it's for a casual date night or a Sunday brunch outing with your girlfriends you can't lose with this shirt. I like the two pocket detail on both sides(I've noticed they're bringing that back with dress shirts) As you can see, this shirt is pretty "see through" but that's nothing a simple black cami can't fix. Some would might even take a bolder step and leave it at is with just a dressy bra. Not my taste but if it floats someone else style..I say go for it :o) I'd probably pair this with either some skinny jeans(black/white) or leggings depending on the occasion.
Pink Lady Shirt



Teal Deal Wrap Shirt
I called this one Teal Deal because I would say the color is like a teal(its brighter in person) color. This was probably one of my favorites of the purchases because I just really love how this wraps around my body, it fits perfectly( I'll add a pic with me in it). It's made with a stretchy material but not the cheap feeling/looking stretched material. It looks like you'll have to wear a top inside of this piece, but you really don't because once you put it on the material just wraps perfectly. You can pair this piece with practically anything..a pencil skirt, skinny's, leggings (maybe, depending where the shirt stops in the back area) because I don't think leggings are meant to be shown in the butt area, dress pants black/white..the possibilities are endless :o) For some reason I see myself wearing a gold accessory with this one...we'll see :o) I love this one.
The "Teal" Deal



The Flowy Shirt:
I'll just call this top "FLOWY" because that's exactly what it is..just a simple flowy top that you can wear in the spring or even summer. It may look a little "blah" on the hanger but it's really cute. It's very loose fitting.  On the hanger it looks like it's completely sleeveless but it's actually not. It covers a little over the shoulders, but not completely the arms. It reaches mid-waist, meaning it's not long in the front area.  I'd most likely pair this with some black, white, grey or different colored skinny jeans. Some may prefer to wear these with shorts or leggings, or maybe even a skirt, either way you can't go wrong with this particular top and of course a statement piece(accessories) :o)



Mustard Seed  Top:

Well for obvious reasons you can see why I call it "Mustard" seed(lol). This was another one of my favorite finds because it is so versatile. You can wear this as a simple top, or you can wear this as dress(well at least I can because I'm short)..so being short does has it advantages ;o).
The design is also nice...it's the shape of a tree with leaves. I also have another one, just in different colors. So you can tell I like this one..alot. I think I'll just pair these with some leggings or some designed stocking..depending on he weather and occasion. I can be very creative with this look. I think an up-do and some sort of draped earrings would go perfectly with this one..what do you think??






















2 comments:

  1. Okay, you have to show me how to wear the wraps. I never get it right, LOL!! But, they are nice! I think you wore a black one and it fitted you well!!! The mustard seed shirt I love it! I can see me dressing this up! I agree and up-do will compliment this shirt/dress. I love this blog! Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which wrap?? You mean the wrap on this page or a Previous outfit you've seen me in..help me out here(lol), because the one above is just a shirt you put on and it pretty much wraps itself. Yes I can't wait to wear that Mustard shirt..I have two, just in different colors but I think I may wear the beige one first though. Thanks for joining the blog and the compliment beautiful.

    ReplyDelete