Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Month Of February(Cosmetics) HAULS/Reviews

 Hello Beauties,

Thanks for tuning in to my MONTH of FEBRUARY Review on a few products I snatched up and a clothes I purchased from a local boutique in our area.


Products I Purchased :


1. MakeUp Forever High Definition Foundation (Shade 173) (purchased at Sephora $40.00) 
2. Makeup Forever High Definition Primer (purchased at Sephora $15.00)
3. MAC's Lipstick in Dubonett (purchased at Mac store $14.50 )
4. Betsy Johnson's Fragrance "Too Too"( Purchased at Sephora $18.00- $82.00)




So Here are my Reviews and Thoughts on the products Listed above:




Makeup Forever High Definition Foundation: 


Overall on a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being the best) I can honestly give this Foundation a 9 and a half. I walked in Sephora with the intentions to try on this particular foundation because I've read great reviews on this product, so I had to try it out for myself. I'm use to wearing MAC's foundation but I wanted to switch things up a little and girl it a whirl. Let me just say I was SO impressed with this foundation. It blended in VERY well with my skin tone and to make sure it was the perfect MATCH, I took a pic of me wearing this foundation with the FLASH on (A great trick to try to make sure you found the perfect shade). And low and behold we had a winnerrrrrrrr.... I was pleased, so I had to purchase it. Let me just add that I tried this on at the Sephora Makeup bar before purchasing and I've advise/suggest that you Ladies do the same, just to make sure it'll be something you like. So this is officially one of my favorite foundations. The application came on very smoothly and I didn't have to do too much blending to get the flawless finish I wanted to accomplish. I would've gave this product a 10, but the only reason I didn't was because I EXPECTED it to be a FULL coverage foundation but it really wasn't, although it did blend well I found myself having to add another layer to get the full coverage I wanted, but that's no biggie.
*Ladies if you do decide to try this foundation out, LET me know and shoot me a comment...even if you don't like is share your thoughts on why or why not.






Makeup Forever High Definition Primer:
Well Ladies, I can't really put this on my "Lo" 1-10 scale because I don't know exactly how I feel about this product just yet. What I mean by that is that I really haven't been able to see the BIG difference with this particular primer. Let me tell you, the ONLY reason I even purchased this primer is because I let one of the makeup artist talk me into feeling like I needed to have the primer from the same MAKEUP FOREVER line in order to see the true "HIGH DEFINITION" effect. He was just doing his job maybe?? Or was he really right, because I tell you I liked how this foundation laid on my face and gave me that flawless finish...who knows?? But I will also try this with one of my FAVORITE primers(which I will reveal in another post) to see if I'll get the same finish. I'll be able to let you Ladies know the real deal with this primer, just give me a couple months.
*Ladies if you have this Primer already, share your thoughts..likes, dislikes about it in the comment box.






MAC's Amplified Creme Lipstick (shade: DUBONETT)
Okay, if you know me you'd know that I DO NOT wear RED Lippies or any color light/bright shades in that matter when to comes to lipsticks or glosses. For varies reasons....I really wanted to leave that in the 80/90's because I was never really a fan of that coming back in the 2000's, and because my husband have told me many times that he don't like red lipstick, so I stayed away from it. And another reason is because my lips are naturally dark..so I was not going to bother looking for a perfect shade of red for me...UNTIL..I just got the bug to give the RED tube a another try. So I went to some of my Chocolate Bride sisters and had them suggest some REDs for women of color since I'm a woman of color and needed something that I could just go ask about outright instead of go in the MAC store and begin the guessing game. I'm so GLAD I did it that way because it was sooo much easier to choose from that way.  So I went in (FULL FACED with foundation) to try on the shades they suggested because I wanted to see the actual look with foundation on because to me, it'll give me that true effect. The makeup artist pulled out all the suggested colors(which I'll add at the end for you guys) and we went to work playing in lipsticks..let me tell you, out of the 6-7 suggested I ended up picking 3 of my favorites and one of the favorites in the running was the infamous DUBONETT...it blended and complimented my skin-tone sooo well(which I think is VERY important). I was pleased and so was the makeup artist( I think he was more excited than me).LOL. The shade is so pigmented that I didn't even have to use concealer to shade my colored lips which made it even better.  So I give MAC'S DUBONETTfav's...hey, and even the HUBBY LIKED it..yaaay :o)
Dubonett Lipstick swatched

Dubonett Cream Lipstick 
Me Wearing Dubonett and Makeup Forever's HD foundation with my hair up
Me wearing Mac's Dubonett lip shade with Makeup Forever  HD Foundation
Wearing Mac Dubonett and Makeup Forever HD Foundation..oh yeah:o)
List Of the RED Lipshades I was suggested to try:
"Red She Said"
"Mac Red"
"Russian Red"
" Oversexed"
"Ruby Woo"
"Runway Red"
"Girl about Town"
"Rebel"
"Dubonett"
You Ladies can check those out and see if any work for you, let me know which shade you like the best.

Betsy Johnson's "Too-Too" Perfume:

Here's the description of this Perfume via Sephora..

Betsey Johnson's love of dance and her passion for flirty fashion inspired Too Too. Youthful and effervescent, the scent is comprised of passion fruit, mandarin, ginger, and strawberry leaves. It's all spun together with an underlying delicate pink musk that suggests femininity and warmth. To round it out, jasmine, Bulgarian rose, patchouli, sandalwood, and vanilla add just the right touch of radiance. 


Sooo, yeah that about sum this fragrance up in a nutshell..I happened to stumble up on this particular fragrance because the beauty and uniqueness of the bottle caught my eyes to say the least. I'm not really that into the design of perfume bottles but I must say BETSY JOHNSON hit it out the park with that little tu-tu around the bottle...oh, about the fragrance(lol). I LOVE the combinations of the scents. It goes and compliment my body chemistry really well(remember ALL perfumes don't smell the good or the same on EVERYONE). This isn't too fruity and it's not to mature/overpowering. It's not strong, but like I stated earlier it's not too fruity either. I really like it...this has been one of my constant go to fragrances. It's not one of those scents that wears off very easily either. I wear this pretty much when I'm dressed for a casual/like setting. Oh, I decide & match my perfume scents based on what I'm wearing/moods...odd..but hey, it works for me :o). So I've give this a 9 and a half on the Lo scale.
*So Ladies if you're ever in a department store or Sephora go take a sniff(that might not be a good choice of words) but you get the point, and let me know what you think.. let me know if it's a yaah, naaaah?? Also, ask the rep could they give you a sample to try it on for a day to really see if you like it before purchasing. Let me know if you're feeling it or you can list some of your favorite fragrances.

Betsy Johnson's Too-Too Perfume
Be sure to leave comments and become a member on my page...looking forward to sharing MORE.
Also, STAY TUNED FOR my upcoming YOUTUBE CHANNEL...

No comments:

Post a Comment